Broader education in UK?!?

While you cannot expect to experience US liberal arts college style education in UK, you can still get broader education in UK with the “combined honours”, “joint honours” or “major-minor” options. You should expect a varying degree of flexibility from different schools, so it is a good idea to research specific opportunities carefully.

How are these options different from US style liberal arts? In UK typically you have to have chosen the areas in advance, and you have to discuss your motivation in the personal statement.

If you have never considered a broader option, you might find some good reasons to do so in the booklet offered by the University of Greenwich.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: